Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Seychellois Cuisine

Hi everyone,

A warm welcome to my first blog. I am so nervous about this blog. I hope that people understand where I am coming from. Although we are all Seychellois whether we live in Seychelles or not I found out that we appreciate our local cuisine no matter where we are. Due to our diverse origins we have obtained the best from all over the world (from the African, Indian, Chinese, British, French ...), and this is what makes our food so good.

It is my hope that we can share many recipes here so that we can have a good archive of some of our great food. I was doing a search on the internet about Seychelles food and some recipes and I was sadly disappointed as I realized as Seychellois we are not putting our beautiful dishes out there for the world to see. I know and you know that we have some great food in Seychelles and nowhere else like our mouth watering grilled fish be it red snapper (bourzwa) or our local mackerel (makro) with lots of chillies and a squirt or fresh lime or 'bigarad' or our delicious octopus curry (Kari zourit) or papaya chutney (satini papay) just to name a few. These are food that we should be celebrating about because they will never taste as great as they do in any other part of the world except in our beautiful country Seychelles.

I hope that foodie's out there like me who appreciate all there is to appreciate about food especially our local  dishes will love this site. I will try to get as much recipes on this site as possible so that everyone can appreciate our creole food and if you guys what to contribute by putting your recipes it will be my pleasure to post it.

This site is not for me, this is a site i will like to dedicate to all the foodies out their who appreciate creole food. Remember it doesn't matter if the recipes have been altered from its original recipes. Many of the recipes that I use has been altered to satisfy my palette or those of my families and friends. Food is something that keeps evolving, so it is okay to tweak the recipes. As long as it tastes good I'm all for that.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Hits

Search

Popular Posts

Followers